Cars...

This will most likely be a work in progress and I'll add to it over time.

For kicks and giggles, I thought I'd show pics of my last few vehicles along with the VIN's. This way, if anyone does a VIN search, maybe these will come up. 

The 2003 Blue Focus was wrecked and totaled but rebuilt.

1FAFP34373W262178

The Focus was fixed, then it was in a little fender bender when a neighbor backed into it while pulling out of his driveway. It was then sold without my permission or knowledge to another neighbor on 500 South in Ogden in about 2018. I don't know the current status.




The 2002 Red Explorer was wrecked and totaled.

1FMZU73E22ZC44187

I had just completed the timing chain replacement on this truck. Full engine rebuild. Drove it for a few weeks it seems then someone pulled out from a side street and I basically T-Boned him.The guy said he didn't even see me. My friend Howard and I completed rebuild in a September and wreck was in an October. I can't remember if it was the same year.






The Blue F-150 is still running strong at 184K miles!
1FTPW14V89FA88654
This truck has been a workhorse! It is still doing great but it is getting old. She has towed 3 different travel trailers, two different flatbeds with side by sides, and another flatbed with furniture during a move. She has hauled rocks, furniture, boxes, and about everything else you can imagine. 
I've owned her for over 10 years and I don't want to give her up. I'll be getting a new tow vehicle soon to replace the heavy lifting but she will still do a lot of the dirty work and some daily running and commuting. She's getting 18 MPG combined right now!


Camping the Dixie National Forest near Toms Best Spring.

2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty, XLT Trip with the Tremor Off-Road Package

We found this truck on the Ed Kenley Ford website. I was 'building' a truck on the Ford website and when I clicked all the features I wanted, it gave me an option to look for one like it. That's when I saw it. I called the dealer and found out that the truck wasn't even there yet. It was still at the factory! Without knowing what it looked like or how it drove, we contacted the back and qualified for a loan. I was worried that the truck would sell so we dropped a downpayment on it. They assured me that if it came in and we didn't like it, we could get our down payment back and walk away.

I named it Godzilla since that is the name that Ford has given the new 7.3 Liter (445cid) Gas engine it has. This truck is a unicorn now too. Ford only offered the Tremor Package with the XLT Trim for 2020 - 21. For model year 2022, it could only be added to higher trim levels. This truck has the all the off-road capability you'd ever need with an electronic locking rear differential and front limited slip differential, skid plates and a lift for the 35" off road tires. There are even several selectable driving modes such as mud, snow, eco, sport and rock crawling! With all this off road capability, you may think you lose the ability to tow. Unlike the F-150 Raptor, the Super Duty Tremor Packages were designed to tow just as much as any Super Duty. In our case, 15,000 pounds 'bumper' pull or 17,500 pounds with a Fifth Wheel or Gooseneck. Our truck also has the Ultimate Trailer Tow Package with 360 degree cameras, Fifth Wheel Prep and Pro Backup Assist where you just turn a little knob in the cab instead of the steering wheel to reverse your trailer.
She is a significant upgrade from the half-ton F-150 we have but it is a Super Duty - a little firmer suspension and a much heavier and longer truck. Although this is an F-250 (three/quarter ton) truck, the Tremor Package uses the rear axle and leaf springs from an F-350 (one ton) truck to add lift for the larger tires.

Off Road near Bryce Canyon, Utah

Stacey decided that the license plate should be a form of Beauty and the Beast because she's a Beauty and a Beast!

Towing the trailer with this new truck is almost effortless. Our trailer sits high so she's a little wobbly but the truck absorbs so much of that for a safer pull.





Comments